Wednesday, February 9, 2011

[.Kahlil Gibran.]

“You talk when you cease to be at peace with your thoughts”
-Kahlil Gibran



Today, I would like to talk about a wonderful poet, Kahlil Gibran. I first came to know about him when I was looking for references at the library. I found a book entitle 'The Prophet' written by him. It was originally published in 1923. It has been printed and reprinted many times all over the world. Here I am trying to add my own opinion about him, and by doing so I have no other reason than to share my admiration and respect for Kahlil Gibran.

^ Gubran Khalil Gubran bin Mikhā'īl bin Sa'ad.
^ Arabic جبران خليل جبران بن ميخائيل بن سعد. 
^ He was born on January 6, 1883.  
^ He was a Lebanese American artist, poet, and writer. 
^ Born in the town of Bsharri in modern-day Lebanon (then part of the Ottoman Mount Lebanon mutasarrifate). 
^ As a young man he emigrated with his family to the United States where he studied art and began his literary career. 
^ He is chiefly known in the English speaking world for his 1923 book The Prophet, a series of philosophical essays written in English prose. 
^ An early example of Inspirational fiction, the book sold well despite a cool critical reception, and became extremely popular in the 1960s counterculture.
Gibran is the third best-selling poet of all time, behind Shakespeare and Lao-Tzu.
________________________________________________________________

I personally think that,his writing is meaningful, insightful and will be relevant for us as long as time goes on. It is truly wonderful master piece by Kahlil Gibran. It has powerful impact to the readers in term of how he relates love throughout life. I would strongly recommending for you guys to read all his poem and be wondering what life is really all about.

credits: wikipedia & The Prophet

No comments:

Post a Comment